For exploring this big Northern part of Greece, we have established a base tailor made for your needs. From our base in the touristy Skiathos, the so called “small Mykonos”, you can start your holiday enjoying the unspoiled bays and small ports of the Gulf of Volos, sailing to the beautiful green islands of Sporades, such as Skopelos, Alonissos, Skantzoura and Pelagos.
Sheltered and unspoiled anchorages, sandy white beaches, will offer you the pleasures of an unforgettable holiday. Within a distance of 50 miles you can sail up to the Chalkidiki peninsula. The Chalkidiki peninsula reaches down into the Northern Aegean, with three smaller peninsulas Kassandra, Sithonia, and Mount Athos.
On the green Sithonia you will delight in the peace and tranquility of small ports and beautiful anchorages. At Porto Carras, you will reach an extra modern marina, that offers you superb shore side relaxation. You can delight the spectacular views of the medieval monasteries of Mount Athos, that have been separated from the modern world.
These holy communities have no roads, electricity or telephones, females are still not allowed to enter the monasteries or even the area. Relax through sailing, fishing and swimming in the blue Aegean sea waters.
- 1st day: Embarkation
- 2nd day: Skiathos - Orei (Evia) (25 nm)
- 3rd day: Orei -Trikeri (Pellion Peninsula) (15 nm)
- 4th day: Trikeri - Koukounaries (Skiathos) (12 nm)
- 5th day: Koukounaries - Panormos (Skopelos) (15 nm)
- 6th day: Panormos
- 7th day: Panormos - Steni Valla (Alonissos) (20 nm)
- 8th day: Steni Valla - Planitis (Pelagos) (18 nm)
- 9th day: Planitis - Linaria (Skyros) (35 nm)
- 10th day: (Skyros) Linaria
- 11th day: Linaria - Skopelos (35 nm)
- 12th day: Skopelos - Glossa (Skopelos) (12 nm)
- 13th day: Glossa - Skiathos (10 nm)
- 14th day: Skiathos - N.Tsougria - Skiathos (5 nm)
- 15th day: Disembarkation
The weather in the Sporades and in Chalkidiki peninsula is extremely good for easy sailing, the Meltemi wind does not blow as strong as in the South.
It blows from North East, however the direction is altered by the islands and channels between them in the Chalkidiki peninsula, the wind will often blow from South East in a force 2-4.
The weather in the Eastern Sporades, is much like it is in the Cyclades, with the Meltemi blowing a force 3-5 between May-October, it will blow stronger in July-August, with a force 5-7 from a North West direction.