The Ionian islands is a group of 7 principal islands, of which the bigger one is the more cosmopolitan, Corfu. During their long and adventurous history, the lonians have been occupied by the Italian, the French and the English.
The mixture of different civilizations and cultures is harmoniously welded together into one piece that is undoubtedly Greek, with a face painted in a unique way against any other area in Greece. The green luxuriance of the islands is in direct contrast to the high mountains of Albania and the mainland of Greece.
Our fleet in the lonians is located in Corfu (Marina Gouvia), from where you can start exploring the Southern lonians, down to the picturesque Paxos, Antipaxos, Mongonisi, Mourtos, Sivota, Parga and Preveza in the mainland, Lefkas with its numerous ports and bays, Ithaki, Cephalonia and Zante. Alternatively you may choose your departure from our second base in the lonians, in Lefkas.
Protected waters, a multitude of little safe anchorages, accessible only by yacht, all assure a variety of leisurely sailing experiences, all combine to create an endless relaxing holiday.
Ionian: 14 days itinerary
- 1st day: Embarkation
- 2nd day: Corfu - Sivota - Mourtos (24 nm)
- 3rd day: Mourtos - Ag. loannis - Parga (20 nm)
- 4th day: Parga - Mytikas - Preveza (26 nm)
- 5th day: Preveza - Scorpios - Nidri (19 nm)
- 6th day: Nidri - Meganisi - Spartochori (9 nm)
- 7th day: Spartochori - Ithaki - Fiskardo (Cephalonia) (19 nm)
- 8th day: Fiskardo - Skinos - Vathi (Ithaki) (20 nm)
- 9th day: Vathi - Porto Leone - Calamos (20 nm)
- 10th day: Calamos - Ag. Nikolas - Lefkas (20 nm)
- 11th day: Lefkas - Gaios (33 nm)
- 12th day: Gaios - round of Paxos - Lakka (12 nm)
- 13th day: Lakka
- 14th day: Lakka - Corfu (32 nm)
- 15th day: Disembarkation
In the summer, beginning in May through till the end of September the normal wind is from the North West. It arrives around noon, blows in a force 2-5 and subsides during sunset.
In the morning it is also noticed that a light Easterly wind may blow at a force of 1-2. During July-August, North West winds can blow with a little more strength than usual.
The weather conditions in the area are extremely favorable for relaxing trouble free sailing, it is highly recommended for family sailing in July and August, when winds in other regions are blowing stronger.